- Medicare Rebates
- Child, adolescent and family counselling and therapy
- Individual and couples counselling
- ‘Tuning into Teens’ and ‘Non-Violent Resistance’ Parenting Programmes
- Trauma recovery including Radical Exposure Tapping (RET)
- Specialist therapy services within Child Protection context
- Training and consultation
- Professional supervision
Michael’s Clinical Experience
- Trauma and child harm, including effects of family violence and sexual abuse
- Fostering, kinship care and the needs of children in care
- Family preservation and reunification
- Child and adolescent mental health issues, emotional and behavioural problems, including oppositional defiant disorder, depression, anxiety, aggression, and violence towards parents/carers
- Parenting issues and challenges
- Separation, divorce, shared care and blended family life
- Grief and loss, including ambiguous loss
- Children under 12 with problem sexual behaviour
- Boys and Men’s well-being and development
- Adult mental health concerns, including anxiety, depression and post-traumatic stress
- Illness and disability in the family
Contact Michael To make a general enquiry or book an appointment please contact Michael by phone or email. For new referrals, Michael prefers to talk via phone before the first session to discuss the therapeutic process and answer any questions about how he may be able to help you. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 0452 588 547
$180 per/hr* without a Medicare Rebate $104.95 per/hr* with Medicare Rebate Payments made by auto payments, credit card, bank transfer, cash (*GST additional for services funded by Organisations)
Accessing Medicare Rebates As an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker, I am able to offer services under the Better Access to Mental Health Care Initiative for which a Medicare rebate is available. To access this service you must have a referral from your GP who has completed a Mental Health Treatment Plan with you. Part of this treatment plan must involve counselling services (Focused Psychological Services) by an Allied Health Professional (such as a qualified and accredited Mental Health Social Worker). Please bring your GP referral, your treatment plan and your Medicare card to your first appointment.
Cancellation policy Cancellations with less than 24 hours notices typically can not be filled at such short notice and therefore attracts a charge of $80.
Michael was able to provide us with skills and understanding to help ourselves now and in the future (Stephen, Dad to 12yr old son, 9 yr old daughter and 8 yr old son).
I typically refer to Michael, families, adolescents and young children who have complex life stories; significant shared and individual trauma and difficult events that have not been helped by traditional ‘talking therapies’ and counselling. Michael’s warmth, compassion and highly individualised approach to addressing the needs of those in pain is very professional and experienced. (Susan, Youth Advocacy Centre)
The whole time we were involved with Michael was the best help we have gotten in 11 years. I wish to thank Michael from the bottom of my heart (Tracy, Mother to 17 yr old daughter and 15 yr old son).