Michael is an experienced, qualified and effective therapist in Brisbane who understand that one size does not fit all.
THERAPY IN ACTION
Since 2001 Michael has provided child, adolescent, adult and family therapy services that have helped people during and after challenging periods in their lives. Therapy in Action provides some examples of how Michael has helped people achieve positive changes in their lives. Names have been changed to preserve client confidentiality.
MICHAEL’S CLINICAL EXPERIENCE
- Trauma and child harm, including effects of family violence and sexual abuse
- Fostering, kinship care and the needs of children in care
- Family preservation and reunification
- Child and adolescent mental health issues, emotional and behavioural problems, including oppositional defiant disorder, depression, anxiety, aggression, and violence towards parents/carers
- Parenting issues and challenges
- Separation, divorce, shared care and blended family life
- Grief and loss, including ambiguous loss
- Children under 12 with problem sexual behaviour
- Boys and Men’s well-being and development
- Adult mental health concerns, including anxiety, depression and post-traumatic stress
- Illness and disability in the family
Helping people to achieve more meaningful, equatable and satisfying lives
Enabling people in close relationship to help each other
Helping to build family relationships, understanding, communication, strengths and resilience
Discovering with people, solutions to problems and positive ways forward
Expanding ways to improve mental health, well-being and recovery
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT MICHAEL
It was absolutely the best help for my son and I. It was exactly what we have needed each and every week. Michael helped us help each other. Michael was patient and was able to get to the bottom of issues. He is able to reach my son on his level and get him to respond with more than one word syllables. Michael was great for us. (Sharon, Mum to 13yr old son)
Coming to Michael changed my daughter, my grandson and my life completely. Our lives are so different now. Thank you so much for all you have done (Elizabeth, Grandmother and Kinship Carer to 11yr old grandson).
I valued being able to talk to someone who has experience, and who was down to earth and non-judgemental. I found Michael to be great and easy to talk to. My son has learnt to control his anger and has settled at school this year (Paul, Father to 8yr old son)